Richard J. Schinner
15622 Blackberry Drive
North Potomac, Maryland 20878
|• Software Engineer ( 23½ Years )||• Project Management||• Industrial Engineering||• Lean Manufacturing|
|• Database Expert||• Facilities Management||• Energy Management||• Perpetual Inventory Control|
|• Operations Experience||• Seasoned Analyst||• Small Business Operator||• Forward Thinking|
eVANTAGE, LLC North Potomac, MD
Founder and Operator (March 1996 to Present)
Responsible for the conception, development, refinement, marketing, sales and support of major licensed software applications used throughout the U.S. (including Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.
Developer of PFEP.net © / PlanForEveryPart.com © A state of the art, customizable application designed as a major tool used in "Lean" Processing for small to large manufacturing industry. (POs, WOs, Scheduling, Pick Lists, Kitting, and more) Please call 301-977-5196 for more information about this product.
Click here to see a list of AMS Features
Developer of 123EasyCard.com. An e-Commerce Web site enabling consumers to own a web page with minimal cost, effort and knowledge of the Web.
- Developer of a variety of Web-based applications for various agencies of the United States Government. Projects include:
Agency Bureau Project Description Technology
EXOP (Executive Office of the
EXOP (Executive Office of the
OMB (Office of Budget & Management) Financial Information Progress System
US DoD Presentation
Jan 29-30, 2004
EXOP (Executive Office of the
DOC (Department of Commerce) NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology), OWM (Office of Weights & Measures) Office of Weights & Measures Membership / Contacts Database Multi-use LAN database used to maintain a large number of members, with the ability to send bulk mailings and track OWM courses and class registries Access97, Multi-user NT4.0
SUNRISE EXPRESS, INC. Landover, MD
Founder and Operator (October 1995 to March 1996)
Gourmet Commissary (7-day per week delivery of fresh gourmet sandwiches and salads)
Conceived and developed Business Plan, designed facility build-out, hired and trained employees, and responsible for the day-to-day operations. Other responsibilities included marketing, negotiating, purchasing, ensuring high quality products, outstanding customer satisfaction, and all other activities related to managing a small business.
- Automated costing tied to 3 years of Profit and Loss Statements
- Automated inventory and computerized ordering system
- Automated daily counts that created production requisition, labor sheets, invoicing and transportation schedules
- Computerized scales connected to the daily invoicing system
- A single daily measurement to assure maximum productivity (similar model of the FedEx measurement system)
CATERAIR INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION Bethesda, MD
Vice President of Engineering/Sanitation/Quality Measurements (January 1993 to October 1995)
Designed and Implemented programs to lower facilities’ operating costs and enhance business processes.
- Methods Improvements Process (JFK, Boston & Detroit)
- Industrial Engineering - Procurement and Food Production Process Enhancements generating $ 436,918 savings (12 months)
- Engineering Business Action Team (Miami & New York)
- Industrial Engineering - Food Production Process Enhancements achieving $ 479,039 savings (12 months)
- Robotics (In-flight Service Association Award - 1994)
- Managed Headquarters build-out, relocation and day-to-day operation of facility
Director of Engineering Resources (October 1991 to December 1992)
- Member of the Original Re-Engineering Task Force
- Several Successful Major Projects (including but not limited to Tampa & Boston)
- Energy Management for 60 Facilities within the U.S. yielding $ 2,994,227 savings (3 years)
- Various Special Energy/Environmental Projects producing $ 1,736,030 savings (3 years)
Total Savings in excess of $ 5M (3 years)
RESOURCE CONTROL SYSTEMS, INC. Laurel, MD
President - Cost Control Consulting Firm. (January 1991 to October 1991)
Advised companies on various methods of implementing programs and establishing control measurements to reduce energy and other operating costs.
- Caterair International Corporation
- Shoppers Food Warehouse
- Greater Washington Area Hebrew Congregation
SAFEWAY, INC. Lanham, MD
Maintenance/Energy Management Section Manager (September 1987 to September 1990)
- Supervision and coordination of maintenance for 150 retail food outlets (6.5 million square feet).
- Interacted with local Utility and Energy Management companies to minimize energy consumption.
- Managed many projects from roof replacement to major store remodels
Assets Manager (September 1985 to September 1987)
- Managed and minimized all surplus capitalized equipment within 150 Safeway Stores.
EDUCATION & TRAININGUniversity of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science, 1999 (3.85 GPA)United States Air Force: Microwave and Tropospheric Scatter Technical School
Concentrated courses including basic electronics to on-site repair of highly specialized and sophisticated communication equipment.
Extensive knowledge and use of the following programming languages and hardware architectures:
- Classic ASP (Active Server Page) Expert in accessing data over the Internet
- SQL Server (Microsoft’s Enterprise Database)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- HTML (Hyper-Text Markup Language)
- WEB Graphs & Charts
- Visual Basic
- MS Access
- Network/Business Data Communications
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- IODD (Institute of Database Developers)
- Past President, Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (22+ years)
- Microsoft Rapid Application Developer (MSDN Subscriber)
- Center For Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
- Association of Professional Energy Managers
- Capital PC Users Group
- Washington Access Users Group
- National and Maryland Restaurant Associations
- IFSA (In-Flight Service Association), International Award for Innovation of Technology (Robotics)
- Honored for Information Technology role in Caterair International's Reengineering Task Force
- Tom Moore Memorial Ceremonies (Awarded by Store Managers for outstanding back-stage support), Safeway, Inc.
- Managers Award, Safeway, Inc.